This Python script defines a class called neuron that acts as a core component in a distributed machine learning network. It is responsible for managing the network communication, the model training, and the reward distribution among peers.
__default_question_prompt__: The default prompt used for generating questions from the network to evaluate other miners.
__default_base_prompt__: The default base prompt injected before a question is completed by miners on the network.
This class is responsible for initializing and managing the network communication, model training, and reward distribution among the peers.
check_config(cls, config): Validates the config namespace object and sets up the directories required for logging and reward models.
record_event(self, event): Records a forward event in the history queue and logs the event if specified in the config.
add_args(cls, parser): Adds the command-line arguments required for the neuron configuration.
config(cls): Generates the configuration object using the command-line arguments.
__init__(self): Initializes the neuron instance with the required components like subtensor, wallet, metagraph, tokenizer, reward model, gating model, dendrite pool, history queue, and axon.
forward(self, roles, messages, topk, random_sample_uids, train_gating_model, train_network, timeout): Queries the network for a response to the passed message using a gating model to select the best uids. Trains the gating model based on the rewards calculated for the successful completions and passes rewards backward for potential PPO.
The script initializes a
neuron instance and starts the network communication and model training. The neuron class takes care of the communication with other peers in the network and manages the mining process.
- Logs the inference process.
- Pre-processes the messages to extract roles and contents.
- Gets scores for the query from the gating model.
- Gets uids for the query based on the scores.
- Queries the network using the dendrite pool.
- Applies the reward model to choose the best completion from the responses.
- Returns the best completion.
- Runs an infinite loop for training.
- Queries the network for a random question and saves it.
- Asks the network to complete the random question while training the gating network.
- Syncs the metagraph and updates nominators.
- Computes and sets the weights on the blockchain.
- Computes the average reward for each uid across non-zero values using the rewards history.
- Normalizes the rewards with a softmax and performs a moving average of the normalized rewards.
- If the hotkeys have changed, resets the moving averaged scores for the new hotkeys.
- Calculates the average reward for each uid across non-zero values.
- Processes the raw weights to final_weights via subtensor limitations.
- Returns the processed weights and uids.
When the script is run, it initializes a
neuron instance and enters an infinite loop, periodically calling the
train() method to train the model and update the weights on the blockchain.
There's a lot going on here, and I think it's best to investigate yourself, but the goal is to give people the proper tools and knowledge required to build on the network. This knowledge could be quite important depending on what your goals are here.